Items whose location is unknown (e.g., non-loaned items that are not on the shelf) need to be marked in FOLIO, which may affect whether they can be requested or checked out.
- Missing item status
- Interaction to mark an item as Missing (Inventory)
- Use Pane header menu
- Reflect change in Inventory app (item status, item status date)
- Behavior when a Missing item is encountered in Check In or Check Out apps
- Confirm Check In
- Prevent Check Out (alert)
- Prevent creation of loans or requests on Missing items
Note: FOLIO differentiates between Missing, Declared lost (
UXPROD-501), and Aged to lost ( UXPROD-87). Missing items have gone missing from the shelf & are not on a patron's account, as opposed to Declared lost and Aged to lost items, which have become lost while loaned and are automatically billed to the patron.