Current situation or problem:
- Data integrity: Centralized storage for authority data should remove possible inconsistencies between microservices.
- Maintainability: Implementation of features related to handling and managing authorities should not require overhead on crosschecking between mod-inventory-storage and mod-entities-links.
- Performance: Removal of HTTP requests and Kafka interaction overhead should improve the performance of linking and import.
- Rename mod-entities-links to mod-authority-manager.
- Fully move Authority API, Authority Note Types API, and Authority Source Files API from mod-inventory-storage to mod-authority-manager. This API provides just CRUD operations and does not have any business logic.
- Move authority reindex API.
- Adjust mod-authority-manager to use an internal database instead of interacting with mod-inventory-storage and mod-search.
- Disable the above APIs in mod-inventory-storage and remove APIs implementation and enable it in mod-authority-manager. The dependent UI and BE modules will not experience any differences.
- Create a migration script for existing authorities.
Out of scope
- Consume data-import authority events to increase the performance of authority data-import flow. (8 SPs)
- Simplify authority stats generating
- Move mapping rules
Links to additional info