Initial ISRI work was completed in
UXPROD-976, along with the ability to select import profiles for ISRI targets in UXPROD-3831. This feature covers the development work scoped and planned in the prep Jira UXPROD-4072
Currently, MARC Bib records imported to Inventory via Z39.50 use the target system's record ID number, so that a single, exact match is achieved. However, users do not always know the desired record and its ID number ahead of time. This new functionality would allow a user to search an external target to find a desired record, and then import it via Inventory Single Record Import.
From within Inventory, users would like the ability to
- Open a Z39.50 session with an external target
- Search that external target and identify which record will be imported
- Need to determine which searches will be needed
- Once a record is selected, import that record to
- create an Instance and SRS MARC Bib (if no Instance exists in FOLIO)
- update an Instance and SRS MARC Bib (if Instance exists and source = MARC)
- update an Instance and create an SRS MARC Bib (if Instance exists and source = FOLIO)
- and possibly create/update Inventory holdings and/or items
- Background PowerPoint: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1oMRAhGw9BrXCKfB7hF3ZBFuCh56Fggw6Gr4jL9GR7rI/edit?usp=sharing
- Prep/Analysis Jira: UXPROD-4072
- Development Jira: UXPROD-4073
- User requirements page:
- Technical requirements page:
- Z39.50 background information: https://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/
To be determined:
- How to update UI - new action in Inventory or update existing ISRI modals?
- How to indicate user wants to search vs user already knows ID number
- How to update Z39.50 target settings
- Changes needed in MODCPCT module
- Any changes needed in SRS, Inventory BE, DI modules?