Suggested by email@example.com/Duke
Being able to create a MARC Holdings via Importing a MARC Bib (currently can only create an Inventory Holdings from a MARC Bib import, and can only create MARC Holdings via MARC Holdings import or quickMARC derive)
Additional questions to clarify scope:
- Confirm use cases
- Confirm libraries that would need it or find it useful
- Would be great to have a sample MARC Bib file and understand which field(s) from it would be used to create a MARC Holdings record
- Would this just be for Creates, or for Updates also?
- Would it be for a single MARC Holdings, or might the library be creating multiple MARC Holdings from a single MARC Bib record?
- What else?
- Interested libraries: National Library of Australia, Library of Congress, Duke