Status: Draft (View Workflow)
Current situation or problem:
Pieces received with no item record in inventory can now be represented on Holdings records. In this case there is STILL no indication in the public interface that these materials have been received. This information is important for patron workflows.
Retrieve information for pieces that are flagged as "Display on holdings" and NOT "Suppress from discovery" and display them in public interface
Out of scope
- Print Journals (Only Physical Pieces) are checked-in for a periodical and the system is not set to create items to represent them. The librarian might be waiting to bind those things until they have enough pieces to bind and creating items may require them to be deleted once bound. The librarian wants these pieces to show in discovery as expected and ultimately as received until 1 item is created to represent them. These items would live on the self and be available for use even though there is no item record. These many be for circulation or for internal use.
- When the librarian receives these pieces they might add a public note when they indicate they want them piece to display publicly
- Patron comes to reference desk because they can't find something. Librarian wants to confirm it has been received, identify what bound volume it is included (If it has been bound yet) in and find out where that bound volume or loose issue is in the library. These librarian often will not be accessing the ILS system and Acquisitions data as they may not have creds/perms/training.
- Patron wants to confirm a material has been received, identify what bound volume it is included (If it has been bound yet) in and find out where that bound volume or loose issue is in the library.
- For some legal materials (Integrated materials) there will never be an item representing the piece being received. It may be a pocket part etc. and librarians will still need to be able to identify whether it has been received or not. This information is also displayed in discovery
- Librarian my reference the receipt date as a means of troubleshooting why nothing has been received recently.
- Patron wants to see info for a particular title. Item may have been created for piece but holding with provide additional information about what makes up that item. Eg. Current years version of chapter two has been received and added to it.
Expose pieces API in edge-orders module
Store needed detail in Holding record so system get all info in 1 call - Then manage data synchronization via messaging service between orders and inventory
Links to additional info