Current situation or problem:
Currently all location changes need to be made one by one and che changes of the items locations are very frequent as the items are being taken on or off reserve, display or new books
- Identify records that will be updated based on item barcode, current location, other identifiers?
- Identify records that will be updated based on the query
- Add, remove and modify items temporary and permanent locations
- Provide a feedback about encountered errors errors
- Provide ways to address the errors
- Provide an option for reversal of the changes (nice to have?)
Out of scope
- Have the ability to scan a bunch of materials (maybe during check-in) and then perform a batch change on all the item records (e.g. change location, change item status, or update damaged field)
- Have the ability to identify a batch of item records with the same characteristic (e.g. temporary location = course reserve) and change them (e.g. remove the temp location)
More use cases: https://wiki.folio.org/display/BULKEDIT/Bulk+Edit+Use+Cases
Links to additional info
- Mockups: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sJUKmUuN2Jug_m6PyMetPaU3M4MlUEmo
- Holidings and Items Effective location logic: https://wiki.folio.org/display/FOLIOtips/Holdings+and+Items+Effective+Location+Logic+in+FOLIO
1. How should the items be identified for the bulk edit?
2. Which inventory fields should be displayed on the preview form?
The questions were answered during the Bulk Edit Working Group meeting on February 8, 2022: https://wiki.folio.org/display/BULKEDIT/2022-2-8+Bulk+Edit+Working+Group+Meeting+Notes