Overview: Establishing an integration with EBSCONET to manage ordering and renewals via an API integration. This will limit errors and save users time in managing order renewals.
- Ability to capture Title number and vendor order number to explicitly identify material being ordered
- Ability to add or remove material from ongoing orders year over year as some may not always renew
- Ability to observe in the UI the most recent date the order was renewed.
- Update the renewal date upon renewing the order
See https://wiki.folio.org/x/eYrhAw for details on EBSCONET data
see https://wiki.folio.org/x/WIq8B for detail on order cancelation
Out of scope:
- Automated claiming workflow
- Build API integration through edge-orders that will route JSON file to a mod-EBSCONET module in FOLIO for mapping EBSCONET order data into FOLIO order data
- allow external service to execute a GET OR PUT request for POL
- Create MODEBSCONET module for retrieving UUIDs etc. for EBSCONET data and prepping data to be sent to mod orders
- Communicating EBSCONET order data to mod-orders for order editing