Current situation or problem: Each FOLIO installation has lists of controlled vocabulary terms (for instance, “Formats” and “Resource types” in Inventory, “Patron Groups” and “Refund Reasons” in Users — see FOLIO-2802 for a more complete list). In installations that use more than one language, these terms do not display translated values when the locale of the session is changed.
- A mechanism for storing translated strings for controlled vocabulary terms.
- A mechanism for displaying the translated strings in apps that use the controlled vocabulary tables.
- A mechanism for translating controlled vocabulary terms in the Settings app.
Out of scope
- Translation of static strings in front-end modules (these are handled by Lokalise.com)
- Translation of static strings in back-end modules (these will be handled by Lokalise.com, see UXPROD-371,
STRIPES-750, and https://wiki.folio.org/display/DD/Handle+i18n+where+messages+are+generated)
As a FOLIO Stripes app user, I want to see strings in my native locale so I can understand the user interface.
As a systems librarian, I want to enter controlled vocabulary in two or more locales so that my users can understand the user interface; some countries, regions or institutions are bilingual or multilingual.
KnowledgeWare has developed this capability as proposed in UX-400.
- You can access this in Kware's FOLIO test environment here: http://folio-testing.kwaretech.com/
- Username: kware_test Password: kware_test Preferred Locale: English
Links to additional info