Current situation or problem: Have the ability to use regex or some sort of syntax for if/the, If call number range = x-y, then assign permanent location = z in the holdings record
- How much logic is needed? Go to complete regex, or something smaller?
- Make sure this can work for all 3 inventory record types
- Also needed for SRS MARC records?
- Also needed for orders?
- Also needed for invoices?
Out of scope
TBD: would be great to have some examples here from libraries
- If field is 050, assign classification type LC vs If field is 060, assign classification type NLM
- If 852 indicator 1 is x, assign classification y (see https://www.loc.gov/marc/holdings/hd852.html)
- If call number range = x-y, then assign permanent location = z in the holdings record
Links to additional info