Current situation or problem:
In an INN-Reach consortium, each participating library must contribute bibliographic records ("bibs") to the INN-Reach central server that correspond to items the contributing library wishes to include in the INN-Reach central catalog for discovery and/or lending. Records contributed should be able to be limited by some local criteria, and may need to be transformed before contribution (eg. to support record matching, contributed MARC record 001 field may need to be changed from FOLIO HRID to OCLC number). Records must be contributed in MARC21 encoded according to API specifications.
Whenever an inventory record is created, updated, or deleted, it should be evaluated for contribution or update. This would include any Title-level requests (when available) or new items added to associated holdings. Inventory records without associated item records should not be included until an associated item record is created.
- Settings screens to provide criteria for record contribution
- Settings screens to manage MARC conversion/modification of records for contribution
- Settings screen to trigger manual evaluation of records for contribution
Out of scope
- back-end to evaluate records for contribution
- back-end to contribute/decontribute records
Links to additional info