Status: Closed (View Workflow)
CW - 12/18/2020 + 5/24/2021: I have split the original feature
UXPROD-1241 into three: UXPROD-1241will cover the Backend work done by development team Thor in R1 2021, funded by GBV. UXPROD-2855covers the front end work - display in the UI. This work can begin when UXPROD-1241is done
- Edit of bound with records
The libraries ranking are kept in sync for all three features.
Goal/Problem: Need to link multiple instance records to the same item.
Need to identify (clarify) which elements will be displayed in instance detail record for circulation screens.
Cataloguing format of
1) Analytical records (= analyzed separate bibliographic records for a work published as a collection) and
2) bound with records (= bound-with monographs are instances of two or more independent works)
Use cases: If one title in a bound-with is checked-out; all other titles bound-with need to be shown as checked out.
As a user I need to see accurate availability at the title level
As circulation staff I need to be able to see what materials are checked out and to what user
Cataloging staff need to see which titles are bound together; if looking at one title, need to know which other titles are bound with it
Analytic record needs to reflect circulation status of analyzed title
Data elements needed? [feedback needed from RA]
UXPROD-1241Back End work - BE: Analytical records; bound with - part 2: link multiple bibs to the same item
- UXPROD-3080 Prokopovych. Edit. Analytical records; bound with - part 2: link multiple bibs to the same item
- UXPROD-3640 Sif. Edit. Analytical records; bound with - part 2: link multiple bibs to the same item
MM-SIG working groups specifications: Slide deck - https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1CXD7K_b6sN6f9ZdKW0qRIYA7PLcsjucPMbRtJun2mCU/edit#slide=id.p