Problem: Not all vendors support automated order integrations. In the absence of an integration these must be a way to share or communicate order information with a Vendor. Generally these are also cases where the vendor doesn't have a ordering portal where the user can "Purchase at vendor system".
1) Users (selectors, staff) are creating orders for Leila (Vendor) over the course of a week. Manager at the end of the week exports all orders to an excel file. This file is filtered by vendor after download and the separate files are attached to emails. Email template is used for standardizing communication. After receipt some vendors have the ability to upload the excel file directly into their system and that is why the excel format is preferred.
2) User needs to send different order data depending on what vendor they are ordering from. User will export orders and remove certain columns from the sheet, such as email address and other specific order data fields.
3) For a Vendor that the library has another integration with. Where the majority of ordering is done through the integration the librarian may export other orders in bulk for certain accounts they have with that vendor rather than send them through the API of EDI connect. This is generally used when integrations are not flexible enough to accommodate order creation with the appropriate order details, account information or something of that nature.
- Is this automated in any way in certain institutions? This would be help full, GBV may have an automated process...TBD
- Is there a response template use that the file is attached to? yes, see use case 1. This template may be developed for UXPROD-1129
- Is this only for Vendors that have no other method of integration? This may be used at an account level for a Vendor that you have another integration with. Where the majority of ordering is done through the integration and others are handled in bulk.
- Is this higher priority than UXPROD-1129?
- Do we need to export piece information?
- User must be able to identify multiple orders for export to a file
- Possible formats include csv, excel.
- Ideally user can choose specifically what order data is exported
- Ability to incorporate communication template for emailing this file