Background While introducing the stripes framework solved some issues, it created others. We still do not have a coherent development process and approach to versioning .
This feature will allocate development to focus on improving the release process and defining an approach for versioning.
- rolling a new release of stripes (framework) doesn't involve changing every single app (unless it's a major release then it should need to be supported explicitly)
- apps can depend (in git) on releases of stripes libraries newer than provided by the current framework (perhaps via some dev framework with caret versions)
- apps can depend (in git) on code before it is released (or, releases published in a way marked explicitly as unstable, eg. with an NPM tag)
- all development can take place without using the CI npms
- there is a way to build a yarn workspace such that apps will prefer to use your local checkout of a stripes library rather than pulling in a redundant copy