DFSP = Delivery fulfillment service point
Delivery requests were originally implemented in Q4 2019 such that, when a delivery request is at the top of the queue and the requested item is checked in at any service point, FOLIO will attempt to begin the fulfillment process (i.e. check the item out to the requester). This is an incomplete implementation because some SPs (for example remote storage service points) are not set up to do delivery, and some deliveries need to be routed to a specific SP that would be expected to handle the check out and physical delivery process.
This feature has been discussed and designed with the Resource access SIG. There are two phases to the feature which will be represented as two UXPROD features.
Phase 1 (this UXPROD):
- Enable users to specify at the SP whether the SP is a DFSP or not
- If the SP is not a DFSP, require users to specify an alternate DSFP
- Suppose an item has a request on it with fulfillment preference of delivery. When an item is checked in at a SP that is not a DFSP, FOLIO will route the item to the alternate DFSP for delivery request fulfillment
Phase 2 (UXPROD-2648):
- Enable the capture of DFSP in the user's address
- If an item is checked in, FOLIO checks the delivery request and then follows this logic (in this order):
- Is there a DFSP associated with the delivery address? If so, use that.
- Is the SP a DFSP = Y? If so, use it.
- Is the SP a DFSP = N? If so, use the Alternate/Backup DFSP
- If no Alternate DFSP is specified, fail check in
See deck for full context and design: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1QQMjephCPdrt6UQsR5MbRSDv1BwOSIRzM5VcIMEuUSs/edit#slide=id.g8f2aaa41d7_1_14