Status: Closed (View Workflow)
*This feature capture enhanced work on Inventory search on Call number, normalized (in the Holdings and the Item segment). This is post-mvp work.
The elements Call number, and Call number type are implemented in the Holdings and Item records.
Multiple times daily catalogers and other library staff need to search by call number; system needs to search normalized version, not exact text string.
Examples in scope:
- Wildcard for exact one character, e.g. “!” -
- Search variants:
- geo 1! → geo 11 and geo 12
- geo 1!! → geo 100 and geo 123
- geo 1* → geo 11 and geo 12 and geo 100 and geo 123
- Wildcard for 0-n characters, e.g. “#”
- Notes on call number search (p.13-17) in https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FMl-_oNR6k-wVDQrZeMT_V9-ZDDaZBzdiipx0OQii9E/edit#