Status: Closed (View Workflow)
This epic is for the Firebird dev team work; Folijet dev team work is on
Goal is that the the CRUD work done in quickMARC will make the appropriate CRUD happen in SRS
Figure out what work needs to be done by SRS/Folijet and what work needs to be done by Firebird/quickMARC. quickMARC stories go on this feature.
- quickMARC must be able to access an existing SRS MARC Bib via a button in the Instance (e.g. Edit MARC) and edit the MARC Bib.. Once the edits have been made via quickMARC, then
- The edits are saved to the SRS MARC Bib (including updates to the size of the MARC record in MARC Leader bytes 00-04)
- and the corresponding updates are made to the MARCcat MARC bib automatically (not at the beginning, only once MARCcat and SRS are integrated)
- and the corresponding updates are made to the Inventory Instance automatically
- Current scope for quickMARC would be editing existing SRS Bib records only. Not creating new MARC records from Instances or creating new MARC records from scratch.
- quickMARC will use a simple UI, rather than a text editor
- The only expected validation is the general structural validation that SRS currently does. Any more rigorous MARC validation would happen in MARCcat or external to FOLIO.
- If displayed in the quickMARC, data in MARC 001 and 999 ff fields would be visible, but not editable
- Once SRS is expanded to include MARC holdings records, quickMARC may be expanded to allow for editing of MARC holdings also, but not in current scope
If quickMARC is expanded in the future to allow for creation of a MARC bib from an Inventory instance that does not already have an underlying source MARC; then when it is saved, it
- will need to be saved as a new MARC Bib in SRS
- with the instance HRID in 001 field
- linked to the corresponding instance via the 999 ff field
- and the editing of the instance in Inventory blocked (Instance Source changed to MARC)