Status: Open (View Workflow)
Current situation or problem:
FOLIO tracks an item's current item status and the date and time it changed to that item status, but there is no information available in the UI about previous item statuses. (Some information about whether an item has circulated is available through the circulation log.)
Every time status changes, capture:
- status it changed from
- status it changed to
- when (date and time)
- app (for context as to how status changed) (differentiate batch changes from individual changes)
- user's service point, if applicable (helpful for consortia)
Out of scope
- Any other changes to item record (may be useful to capture at some point, but not as part of this story)
- configuring whether the user changing the item status is captured or not (UXPROD-2467)
- Mod-audit was originally proposed as an implementation of this, but discussion hasn't proceeded since those stories were created.
- Capture this along with all other changes to an item?
- To what extent can this build on/reuse work from the circulation log?