Status: In progress (View Workflow)
UXPROD-2282, which was closed as a duplicate
See the Syntax and Field Types tabs of https://drive.google.com/open?id=17kCccovBR-RAVK-coW7fpXvJfaRmYA2mUHoVLSF9Spo for field mapping syntax details
Main work in this feature will be the Order field mapping profile
Help the user set mapping rules and profiles for dealing with incoming batch loads:
- Find data elements in fields of incoming MARC Bibliographic file
- Map to data elements of appropriate FOLIO Acquisitions records
- Same field mapping options as MARC Inventory field mapping profiles
- Allow for sequential mapping (first look in this field for data, then in this field)
- Allow for defaults
- Allow for blanking out data in existing FOLIO fields A-M check is this is needed - maybe only create, not update?
- Allow for mappings to be created and saved as data mapping profiles, or to be created on the fly
- Apply the rules to parse the incoming data and deliver to the FOLIO Orders app, to create orders and order lines
Bring job profiles to life for MARC Bibliographic records creating (not yet deleting) Order + Order line records
Note: This is based on UI input, not command line. Data Migration may take care of loading PO and PO Line data based on command line interaction with Order APIs.
Parse incoming order data in MARC records to identify relevant order details, package them up, and deliver to the orders app with appropriate rules, so that orders and order lines can be created.
When start importing orders and shelfready data, preference is to match on PO or Order Key and then update associated Instance, MARC Bib, Holdings, Items – make sure this is a requirement in the order import (see
See additional details here: https://wiki.folio.org/display/MM/Create+orders+by+importing+MARC+Bibliographic+Records