RMB 25 was an internal release that included most of the refactoring and new functionality. During roll-out and integration testing a set of regressions (existing or introduced in 25) were discovered and scheduled for fixing in RMB 26. RMB 26 will the public release rolled out to the core storage modules.
RMB 25/26 is focused on performance improvements and new search functionality:
- removal of regular expression based searching
- improvements wrt to ID searching
- general refactoring and simplification of the SQL generation code (allows for more SQL optimizations)
- new syntax for array searching and new implementation optimized for index use
- cross-table search and join support (to address poor performing seaches like item.barcorde and holdingsRecord.location)
This task includes rollout to all platform-core backend modules (including API migration and Unit test updates).