Building the mechanisms and interfaces required for users to be able to rollover their ledgers funds/budgets into a new Fiscal year. Creating new budgets and potentially adjusting orders and encumbrances to account for the start of a new fiscal year.
1. Roll continuing resources funds to new fiscal year (Acquisition)
2. Apply estimated inflation rate (Acquisition)
3. Adjust inflation based on multiyear deals (Manual)
4. Determine continuing resources budget (Acquisition)
5. Allocate money to appropriate fund (Acquisition)
6. Adjust fund balances to account for inflation + total budget (Acquisition)
In Europe, end of fiscal year is always December. *Priority depends on when the library adopts. Most would try to start just as the fiscal year ended. *Sounds like a best practice