Purpose: For the Inventory app, library staff want to see instance > holdings > item data as the out put of a given search wether the search is in the Instance, Holdings, or Item segment. The new hierarchical display will be the default display which accommodate the need for resource access, resource management, and metadata management daily work task.
Decision by the working group (7/6/2021): Deprecate the simple MCL display when implementing the hierarchical result list.
Scope: UX: Updated holdings record on inventory result list
List of data elements - when viewing the unfolded holdings:
|Line||Order||Record type||Data element|
|1st||1||Holdings||Holdings effective location|
|1st||2||Holdings||Holdings call number|
- Default will display the instance as folded (= instance resource title), and the associated holdings unfolded and associated items showing as folded.
- If data for a given line with data element(s) is/are not present for that line, then the line below to be moved up.
- If data for a given data element, in a line with multiple data elements, are not present, then if data to the right of that given data element being empty, then the following data element to be moved one step to the left.
- List of all data elements defined by the working group https://wiki.folio.org/display/MM/List+data+elements+to+be+displayed+in+the+hierarchical+%28card%29+display
- UX live demo: https://ux.folio.org/prototype/en/inventory
- Link to the UI working groups wiki-page: https://wiki.folio.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=62555575