Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Purpose: To create a mockup up for enabling users to change their selected service point for a given session.
- Service points are the functional locations at which a user is working (e.g. a circ desk). We need service point data to understand things like whether an item is "home" or not when it is checked in at service point A.
- FOLIO operators can be associated with service points in their user record. These are the SPs at which they are allowed to work. A default is also specified in the user record. See
UX-188for more details.
- When a user logs in, their default service point is automatically selected as the SP for the session. However, they sometimes need to be able to change it. We think this should probably be done in User preferences, as it is a user setting that has cross-app implications.
- NOTE: For some apps it will also be possible to temporarily change the service point from within the app. For example, at Check in ("process as").
For this design:
- I think the service point menu should go in this area, which hasn't yet been built but is planned: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HHldPSwdnASsV6qUPlQNmhno5J9B-gOU/view?usp=sharing
- I imagine this is really just a dropdown menu containing all service points checked in the user record for the logged in user. Label can be "Service point"