While testing patron notices at http://folio-q1-2019-core.aws.indexdata.com, Holly came across this issue. It appears that adding New Staff Info after the fee/fine was paid is what triggered this error, but I could be wrong. I just added a new staff comment to the 10.00 charge and it was not re-opened.
Steps I took:
- Charged three manual fees/fines: 99.99, 10.00, and 20.00.
- All three charges then appeared on the OPEN tab of the Fees/Fines History page.
- Paid all three charges together from the Fees/Fines History page using the PAY button.
- All three charges then appeared on the CLOSED tab of the Fees/Fines History page.
- Went to Fee/Fine Details for the closed 99.99 fee/fine and added New Staff Info.
- After that the 99.99 fee/fine appeared on the OPEN tab of the Fees/Fines History page, with a balance of zero and status of OUTSTANDING (see attached screen print Paid-ff-still-open-2.jpg).
Paid-ff-still-open-1.jpg: Shows User Information, with 1 Open Fee/Fine with a balance of $0.00.
Paid-ff-still-open-3.jpg: Shows Fee/Fine Details, with the Staff Info message added AFTER fee/fine was paid.
Paid-ff-still-open-4.jpg: Shows a multi-payment attempt that proves FOLIO still believes that fee/fine is still open.