Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Sprint:Core: F - Sprint 70, Core: F - Sprint 71, Core: F - Sprint 72, Core: F - Sprint 73, Core: F - Sprint 74, Core: F - Sprint 75, Core: F - Sprint 76, Core: F - Sprint 77
Description from BugFest test: Trying to add a proxy for user Adkins, Gregory returns message "Sponsor user record expired". This message is not displayed when Adkins' user record is updated in any other way.
Steps to repro:
- Log into folio-snapshot
- Go to users and pick a user and populate the user expiration date to somewhere in the future (I am talking about the user expiration date up in the User Information section)
- Go to edit a second user record
- Clear out their expiration date, if populated and save
- Edit the second user record again
- Scroll down to the proxy section and add the first user as a proxy
- The relationship status box says "Active" but is red with text reading "Sponsor user record expired"
- It seem that the system is interpreting the empty user expiration status of the second user (the sponsor in this case) as expired
Expected: The proxy relationship is supposed to become inactive if any of these things happen:
- The proxy relationship expiration date has passed
- The proxy user record has expired
- The sponsor user record has expired (same field as #2 above but for the sponsor's user record)
What appears to be happening here is:
- BUG 1: The system is treating an empty user expiration date as expired in this case. CB: This seems to be fixed
- BUG 2: when a proxy relationship is inactive because of one of the above reasons, the menu should say "Inactive", not "Active"
- BUG 3: having an inactive proxy/sponsor relationship shouldn't prevent you from being able to save the record
- BUG 4: after having added a proxy/sponsor relationship, I attempted to change the user expiration date (not the relationship one) to a date in the past and the form simply wouldn't save despite being dirty. What should happen is the form should save and the proxy relationship should become inactive.
- BUG 5: after expiring the sponsor user record, the message under the message under the Proxy relationship status says "Proxy user record expired". It should say "Sponsor user record expired".
- BUG 6: after expiring the sponsor user record, the message under the message under the Proxy relationship status says "Proxy user record expired". It should say "Sponsor user record expired". NOTE: The wrong message is also displaying on the popup at Check out and in Requests. Do I need to file separate bugs for these issues?