Status: Closed (View Workflow)
While testing the Q4 2018 release at http://folio-snapshot.aws.indexdata.com, Holly encountered a new refresh error. This time she was able to recreate the error on a second desktop. In both cases she was using Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110 on a Windows 10 computer. Holly would like for one other person to confirm that this is happening (or not, if that is the case). Here are the steps:
- Within Chrome open http://folio-snapshot.aws.indexdata.com/users/view
- Select a user without any patron blocks
- Open the Patron Block accordion
- Press the +Add Block button
- Enter anything you want in the Display Description box
- Enter a future date in the Expiration Date field (this field is currently required, but it shouldn't be)
- Leave all three default Block Actions set (as shown in attached screen print Step 1 - Add Block.jpg)
- Press the Create Block button.
- The User Information page shows that the user has a block (see red message on top of page), but the list of blocks has not been refreshed to list the actual block details (see attached screen print Step 2 - List Not Refreshed.jpg).
- After hitting the browser refresh button, the block does show up in the list (as shown in attached screen print Step 3 - List Refreshed.jpg).
- Now click on the patron block row to edit the patron block.
- Enter anything you want in the Staff Only Information and Message to Patron boxes (as shown in attached screen print Step 4 - Update Block.jpg)
- Press the Save & Close button
- Now click on the patron block row again, as if you are going to edit the patron block again.
- You will see that the two new fields you just entered are not displaying (as shown in attached screen print Step 5 - Updates Missing.jpg).
- After hitting the browser refresh button, the updates do show up (as shown in attached screen print Step 6 - Updates Refreshed.jpg).
UIU-763 Expiration date should not be required when setting up a patron block