Purpose: Allow a user that is not permitted to change due date to have their permissions temporarily escalated by a supervisor, allowing them to complete the interaction. The deliverable from this User Story should be a reusable module that will allow for the override. This module will be used by several other features within FOLIO, including cancelling a fine/fee (UIU-445).
- Given the Change Due Date option on the loan details, open loans, and check out pages
- When selected and "Loans: Can change due date" not held by current user
- Then open "Special permission needed" modal (as shown in UIU-445 attached Error-Special-Permission.png mockup) to request override to continue
Note: The mockup is for the related fines/fees story. The modal should be the same, except the content should be: You currently do not have permission to change due date for item(s) checked out to Patronlastname, Patronfirstname.
- Given the "Special permission needed" modal
- When Override button pressed
- Then request login and password* for user with needed permissions
- Given the entered credentials
- When those credentials have permissions to change the due date
- Open Change due date modal
- Leave the credentials in place until the Back or Save and close button is selected on the Change Due Date modal.
- Given that the due date has been changed through a permissions override
- When viewing the action in the loan details table
- Then the Source in the loan actions table for that interaction should be the person whose permissions enabled the interaction.
Note from UIU-445:
*CB: Just wanted to note that we need to make sure this functionality works for institutions that are using SSO as well as for institutions that aren't