Overview: There are a number of places where we offer links to requests on an item and they just link to the requests app with the item's barcode applied as a search. This is problematic at the moment because the Requests search uses implicit truncation and, therefore, you can get results for multiple items.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into snapshot
- Create a request for Item A
- Go back to Inventory and create a new item (Item B) with the same barcode as Item A but add something to the end
- Now create a request for Item B (use same patron as the requester)
- Now check out item A to the requester
- Now from the requester's loans page, click
Expected Results: When you click to view other requests on an item, you should only see the requests on that item
Actual Results: When you click to view other requests on a given item, you may also see requests on other items
- There are a variety of ways we could solve this. Will need to speak with devs and SMEs. Some ideas:
- Change keyword searching in requests to explicit truncation
- Change the request queue filter to be on item ID instead of barcode
- I think we actually do this for items without barcodes - maybe we could just extend that? Per grooming, this is what we will do
- Would we have the same truncation problem with that approach?
- I will file separate bugs for fixes for the request queue links from User loans and Item details in Requests (