Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Holly needs to check if this is still happening...
NEW INFO FROM HONGWEI:
This isn't a BugFest environment issue after all. The UI calls mod-feesfines /payments API without the limit parameter, so the default value of 10 is used. There are lots of payments (and owners) in BugFest environment. so the newly added payments are not retrieved by UI. I made a quick tweak to mod-feesfines to return more payments, and the issue does not appear anymore. I suggest either UI or mod-feesfines should be fixed to return the all necessary payments.
OLD INFO FROM ORIGINAL BUG REPORT:
Holly was unable to re-produce this problem at https://folio-snapshot.aws.indexdata.com/.
Zak believes this is a cache problem.
Holly set the priority at P2 rather than P1 for two reasons:
- There is a workaround: the staff member could do a Charge Only and then a separate payment from Fees/Fines History or Fee/Fine Details.
- It is unlikely that an institution will add a new Payment Method and immediately attempt to use that Payment Method.
As part of Q4 BugFest, Holly tested several fee/fine features at https://bugfest.folio.ebsco.com. When creating a new fee/fine using Charge & Pay Now, she noticed that only 2 Payment Methods were available for the Fee/Fine Owner (as shown in attached screen print Charge-and-pay-now-shows-2-of-4-payment-methods.jpg). When using Charge Only, 4 Payment Methods were available for the same Fee/Fine Owner (as shown in attached screen print Charge-only-shows-all-payment-methods.jpg). The Fee/Fine Owner did have 4 Payment Methods set up (as shown in attached screen print Payment-methods-available.JPG).
Holly was unable to re-produce this problem at https://folio-snapshot.aws.indexdata.com, but can reproduce it at https://bugfest.folio.ebsco.com.
To reproduce this at https://bugfest.folio.ebsco.com, Holly did the following:
1) Selected an existing Fee/Fine Owner, making sure the Fee/Fine Owner already has two Payment Methods.
2) Added two more Payment Methods for the Fee/Fine Owner.
3) Immediately created a manual fee/fine for a patron using the Charge & Pay Now option.
4) Noted that the two new Payment Methods did not show up. Only the two original Payment methods appeared in the drop-down.
5) Created a manual fee/fine for the same patron using the Charge Only option, then paid the fee/fine via Fees/Fines History.
6) All four Payment Methods showed up in the Payment Methods drop-down.
Holly then did this:
1) Selected the same Fee/Fine owner again, adding two more Payment Methods (which now makes a total of six).
2) Immediately created a manual fee/fine for the same patron using the Charge & Pay Now option first this time.
3) Paid the fee/fine via Fees/Fines History, where all six Payment Methods appeared in the drop-down.
4) Created a manual fee/fine for the same patron using the Charge & Pay Now option.
5) Only the two original Payment Methods showed up. The other four were missing.
Holly also tested adding a brand new Fee/Fine Owner, which means that the Payment Methods are brand new as well. Nothing showed up in the Payment Methods drop-down box.