If a user attempts to include one or more closed fees/fines within a multi-fee/fine payment, waive or transfer, the process will not complete until the closed fees/fines are deselected.
The current error message needs to be changed to this format:
9 fees/fines selected. Deselect closed fees/fines to continue. <== where 9 is the number of fees/fines selected for payment/waiving/transferring
2 fees/fines selected. Deselect closed fees/fines to continue. <== see attached screen mock-ups
Additional background information:
- Multiple fees/fines are paid/waived/transferred at one time using the Fees/Fines History page. A user selects two or more fees/fines by placing a check mark in the box to the left of the fee/fine they want to pay/waive/transfer.
- On the Open tab, none of the fees/fines are closed so the error message will never appear.
- On the Closed tab, the "Pay", "Waive" and "Transfer" buttons are not active, so the modal will never be generated.
- It is when using the All tab that this error may occur. This is because the All tab includes both open and closed fees/fines.
- We will soon be adding refunds as a action that can be preformed on multiple fees/fines via Fees/Fines History.