Status: Blocked (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
As a staff member, I want to override renewals that have failed because of pending requests, because I want to provide better customer service on a case-by-case basis.
- Given an attempted renewal, for an item with a loan policy that does not allow renewal of items with an active, pending hold request
- When the renewal only fails because the item has an active hold request on it
- Then give the user the ability to override
- Given a renewal that has failed for only the reasons in scenarios given above
- When the user overrides the renewal
- Then display the renewal override window
- Calculate the renewal due date instead of letting user select a due date
Notes: Overriding the renewal in these cases seems like it should be similar to overriding a failure because something has reached the maximum number of renewals, so the system should be able to calculate a due date even if the renewal has failed.
Notes: The scope of this story only refers to the renewal failures where the pending request is the only reason, and not combinations (recall + maximum number of renewals, for example).