Overview: When conducting title level searches in Codex, The sort algorithm does seem to take definite article and other Nonfiling characters into consideration. This seems to be true for both Swedish and English.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a couple of records in Inventory with titles starting on a, å, ä or similar
"Den äkta varan"
"Den åländska skärgården"
"The Åland archipelago"
"The Aland archipelago"
- Go to Codex and conduct a title search for åland
- Sort the results on title in ascending order (arrow pointing up)
Search results sorted in the following order:
- The Aland archipelago ("The " should be disregarded)
- Northern Territories, Asia-Pacific Regional Conflicts and the Åland...
- A User’s Guide to the Nestle-Aland 28 Greek New Testament ("A " should be disregarded)
- Ware Conterfeyhung eines abscheulichen Aland Fisches...
- The Åland archipelago ("The " should be disregarded)
- Den åländska skärgården ("Den " should be disregarded since it is a Swedish definite article)
Note: Not all of these results (the result items themselves) are not expected to emerge. Disregard from that, the point is that the nonfiling charachters has been taken into account in the sort.
See attached image