Overview: When we did the work on
UXPROD-137, then the appropriate dependency work outlined in UXPROD-1647 (umbrella feature) was not done. This lead us now to corrupt data when performing move of holdings and item.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into FOLIO Snapshoten as diku_admin, which is a user who have permission to perform move of holdings, and item
- Go to Request. Create a new page reguest, and connect it with any given instance (here we use: The Semantic Web, item barcode: 90000), and user: Morty Panic.
- Go to Inventory, and search for the item barcode using the item segment. See the result in the 3rd pane.
- Go to the Action menu, and select Move holdings, item to another instance
- In the search modal, just pick any instance record (here we use: Bridget Jones's Baby: the diaries)
- Move the item with item barcode 90000 on the left side of the screen to the holdings Main library on the instance on the right side of the screen
- Go back and verify the changes in Inventory - in both records
- The semantic web
- Bridget Jones's Baby: the diaries
- Go to back to the Request app, and filter on all paged request and now check the newly added reguest to the user Morty Panic
Expected Results: We see the item is updated accordingly with the performed move of holdings and item done in Inventory, and item barcode 90000 is now associated with the Resource title Bridget Jones's Baby: the diaries, and the contributor is Helen Fielding.
Actual Results: The request record does not reflect the changed title (it's still The semantic web) as before the move of holdings and items - but interestingly the contributor has been changed: Now it's Helen Fielding.
Similar behavior as seen in UIU-2082, that the contributor data gets to be updated, but not the Instance resource title.
Interested parties: Christie Thomas Brooks Travis