This is the first part of the patron block override, which is the case when the logged in user has the credentials to to the override. When is determined that borrowing, renewing or requesting will be blocked, the logged in user's credentials will be checked. If they have the patron block override credential, the Override button will appear in the patron block modal. If they do not, only the Close button and View block details button will appear (as they do now). In the future, instead of just displaying the Close button and View block details button, we will display a modal that allows for a supervisor patron block override code to be entered. This is user story UIU-1170.
Requests does not have a details page like Loans has for displaying the 'Checked out through override' and 'Renewed through override' actions. Requests will also not be collecting a Comment like we do when overriding patron blocks for borrowing and renewing. This is because we do not have a field in which to place the comment. Holly has created a new feature (UXPROD-2809) to add this ability, but it won't be completed in R1 2021. The request override will only be reflected in the Circulation Log.
- Given patron has automated and/or manual patron blocks and logged in user has patron block override credential
- When modal 'Patron blocked from requesting' displays
- Then add Override button to the left of the current Close button (as shown in attachment Requesting-block.jpg)
- Given 'Patron blocked from requesting' modal displaying with Override button active (Scenario 1 above)
- When the Override button is clicked
- Allow items to be requested, requiring no further patron block overrides for the patron during this requesting session (if patron info re-entered, new session is considered to be started)
- For each item requested, a record is written to the Circulation Log with a Circ action of 'Created', which should be changed to 'Created through override' (as shown in attached Circulation Log example Circulation-log-with-patron-block-override-on-request.jpg) when a patron block is overridden to allow the request to go through