Another update: I was doing another test case for the 'Maximum number of overdue recalls' block which is rather odd. Here are the steps:
- Reduced the limit so patron no longer exceeds the 'Maximum number of overdue recalls'
- Went to User Information for the patron and noted that the block is gone
- Pressed button to create a new request, receiving the "phantom" modal (see attached screen print)
- Went back to User Information for the patron and again pressed the button to create a new request, this time being allowed to enter a request
- Went to Check out and enter in the patron's barcode
- Received the "phantom" modal on borrowing, which has not happened before (see attached screen print Now-blocking-checkout.jpg)
Update: I was just testing the 'Maximum number of overdue recalls' block and this happened again, but the empty block modal appeared for a different patron. Not the one who had the block cleared. Patron 111111111111 had the block cleared by having 1 item marked as 'claimed returned'. I then tried to do a request for patron 222222222222 and received the same error as attached. Patron 222222222222 never had any blocks. Very strange...
Overview: This is a recurrence of an issue we thought was gone. While testing the automated patron block 'Maximum number of overdue items' for the Q3 2020 BugFest the error was encountered again.
- Login to https://bugfest-honeysuckle.folio.ebsco.com/ as folio/folio.
- Create a situation where a user has one more overdue items than the limit for his/her Patron group, causing the 'Maximum number of overdue items' block to be in effect. (I set the limit to 3 and had a patron with 4 overdue items.)
- Mark one of the items as 'claimed returned' (via Loan Details), which puts the user at the limit, thus removing the 'Maximum number of overdue items' block.
- After pressing the 'Claimed returned' button in Loan Details, I went back to User Information and noted that the user no longer had a patron block.
- I then tried to create a new Request from within User Information.
Allowed to enter a request given the patron does not have a block.
The patron block modal appeared, blocking me from doing a request, but the Reason for block was blank. In other words, FOLIO knew there wasn't a block, but the modal popped up anyway. Here is the screen print...