Overview: There are a number of places where we offer links to requests on an item and they just link to the requests app with the item's barcode applied as a search. This is problematic at the moment because the Requests search uses implicit truncation and, therefore, you can get results for multiple items.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into snapshot
- Create a request for Item A
- Go back to Inventory and create a new item (Item B) with the same barcode as Item A but add something to the end
- Now create a request for Item B
- Now go to Requests and find the request for Item A
- From within the request details, click the linked count under "Requests on item"
- Note that you will be returned to a pre-filtered view of the Requests app showing requests for both Item A and Item B (only Item A's requests should display) BUG1
- Click back into the request for Item A
- Click the "view requests in queue" link
- Note that you will be returned to a pre-filtered view of the Requests app showing requests for both Item A and Item B (only Item A's requests should display) BUG2
Expected Results: When you click to view other requests on an item, you should only see the requests on that item
- There are a variety of ways we could solve this. Will need to speak with devs and SMEs. Some ideas:
- Change keyword searching in requests to explicit truncation
- Change the request queue filter to be on item ID instead of barcode
- I think we actually do this for items without barcodes - maybe we could just extend that?
- Would we have the same truncation problem with that approach?
- I will file separate bugs for fixes for the request queue links from User loans (
UIU-1727) and Item details(link from item details already works well) in Inventory