- As a user who is looking at a request for an item with a barcode
- I want to be able to see the barcode on the request
- So I can copy it to check it in or do something else with it
Background: In an earlier story, I requested that we add the FOLIO unique ID for the item in place of the barcode when the requested item didn't have a barcode. This is working great. I just realized in testing here at Chalmers that, when the ordered item is received, a barcode is applied to the item record. It would be really nice if, at that time, the item barcode would display on the request record.
Steps to repro:
- Log into folio-snapshot
- Go to orders and create an order
- Add a line item to the order
- Open the order by clicking the Open button
- This will create an item within the ordered instance and put item status On order
- Now go to the item with status On order
- In the pane header dropdown, select Create request
- Fill out request and save
- The request is created and, in place of the item barcode, the FOLIO ID displays as a link to the item record
- Now go to the item record and populated the barcode
Desired: The barcode would replace the FOLIO ID in the request. If this is hard, let's discuss other options.
Actual: The barcode still doesn't display.