Rather than just displaying a warning on the record. Intercept the user when they are trying to receive against a closed order. User must confirm the want to continue every time they click the Receive button for one or more pieces.
Normally a closed order is either fully received (complete) or decision has been made that no material is expected at this order anymore (cancelled or other reasons). However, since it is technically possible to receive on a order that is closed it would be very helpful to get a prominent warning pop-up that has to be acknowledged before actually proceeding with the receiving on that order. This would prevent mistakes from happening. To only see the banner on top of the pane is not enough.
- Given user is receiving a piece against a PO that is in the workflow state "Closed"
- When user Clicks receive button
- Then system interrupts the user action and displays the waring modal
- And message reads: "The order linked to this Title is closed. Are you sure you want to receive this piece(s)?"
- AND user must click Confirm or Cancel to proceed