Overview: A user can't save a created "MARC Holdings" record until he deleted / filled the automatically generated "$a" subfield of 852 field.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into MG Bugfest FOLIO environment as User with permissions:
Inventory: All permissions
quickMARC: Create a new MARC holdings record
quickMARC: View, edit MARC holdings record
- Go to "Inventory" app
- Open any "Instance" record with source = "MARC".
- Click on the "Actions" dropdown button and choose "+Add MARC holdings record" option from the expanded dropdown.
- Fill in 852 field using "Permanent location look-up" button
- Click on the "Save & close" button
Expected Results: The "MARC Holdings" record has been saved
Actual Results: The error message "Record not saved: Communication problem with server. Please try again." is being displayed.
Additional Information: see attached screencast.
The root cause of this error is that at 852 field displayed "$a" value. If the user deleted / filled "$a" then the record would be saved.
Interested parties: kgambrell
NOTE FOR HOW TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE: Have the 852 box work just like it did in Lotus. Do not populate any subfield. (see below)