Context A user can now choose which results list columns display. Selections persist for a session.
- On the orders and order lines results list pane, under Actions menu display a section called Show columns
- Define the list of columns that can be hidden from view (TBD)
- There should be one column that cannot be hidden from view (TBD)
Apps that have implemented
- Users (available with Iris)
- Inventory (available with Iris)
We recently added the <ColumnManager>-component which simplifies the process of implementing persisted column selection for any MultiColumnList.
Pass the ordered column mapping object as a prop and the component returns the UI (or callback) for toggling the visibility of columns and the filtered array of columns (visibleColumns).
Note: We are using session storage for now but the plan is to persist the selected columns on the user-level in the future.
The PR: https://github.com/folio-org/stripes-smart-components/pull/997
The component: https://github.com/folio-org/stripes-smart-components/tree/master/lib/ColumnManager
The component can easily be implemented into modules using either SearchAndSortQuery or SearchAndSort. Here are example PR's for those implementations: