Status: In Refinement (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Currently error messages reported in the UI do not include information about the cause for errors. When end users can't figure out the cause of an issue, they are sometimes told to use browser debuggers and look at network request to find an error message.
While we don't want to bother users with complex messages in most cases, access to the initial error message should be made easier. A simple link or button in error popups to get the error message sent from backend would make troubleshooting a lot easier. It should also be easy to copy that error message to the clipboard to make it easier to report a bug.
This improvement would be needed for all acquisition UI modules. This story can be cloned for others.
User story statement(s):
As a user confronted with an error popup,
I want to find the origin of the issue
so that I can either fix what I did wrong or report a bug more easily.
- Given user has taken an action on a record
- When system throws an error message
- Then toast message is displayed with clipboard icon at the end
- Given error toast message is displayed
- When user clicks clipboard icon
- Then full BE error response is copied to clipboard
- Given copy to clipboard icon is displayed
- When user clicks copy to clipboard
- Then confirmation message is displayed "Copied to clipboard"