Purpose: The original implementation of succeeding titles assumed that all succeeding titles would be found in an institutions' inventory. As it turns out, institutions really need the ability to ALSO specify titles that are not in Inventory. The purpose of this story is to rework the current functionality so it supports this use case. NOTE the functionality described here is based losely on a similar implementation in PO Lines. To test how things work in PO lines, go to Settings > Orders > PO line limits and set limit to 5. Then go to Orders and select an order (not a PO line) with status = pending. Scroll down on the order in view mode and click "Add PO line" button. Then play around with the Title, Publisher and Publication date fields. These are analogous to Title, ISBN and ISSN in our case.
- Given the Title data section of the Instance record (create and edit)
- When displayed
- Then the "Succeeding titles" sub-section should display as shown in the mockups
- NOTE: section should not display in a "Related titles" sub-section (that sub-section, which only currently displays in create and edit, should be removed) CB: As I use this, I actually wonder if we should put these in an accordion. It feels really hard to find them among the sea of similar looking elements. Anyway, that wont hold up this issue.
- Given the "Add succeeding title" button
- When clicked
- Then an empty row should be added including these fields:
- Title * - uneditable
- Instance HRID - should display uneditable with the text "N/A"
- ISBN - uneditable
- ISSN - uneditable
- NOTE: These fields will be uneditable for now. When we implement
UIIN-962, we'll make them editable (see scenario 1)
- Given the Title field
- When displayed
- Then a plus icon should display as shown in the mockup
- Given the plus icon
- When clicked
- Then the instance search and select popup should display
- CB: We will use the existing instance search and select component.
- CW - I have created a bug report on the modal being outdated - see:
UIPFI-6PO lines. The Inventory look up modal is not the current view. Filed 12/17/2019
- Given the instance search and select popup is displaying
- When an instance is selected
- The popup should close
- The Title, Instance HRID, ISBN and ISSN fields should auto-populate with the data from the selected instance
- All fields should become read-only
- If there is >1 ISBN or ISSN on the instance record, display all of them separated by commas
- "Connected" text should display above the Title field as shown in the mockup
- Title should be link to connected instance record
- It is not possible at this time to make this row "not connected"
- NOTE: The use case for converting a connected title to a disconnected one is when a connected title is very old and the library wants to delete the inventory instance. Current thinking is that, when inventory instances are deleted, any suceeding or succeeding titles related to that instance will be converted to disconnected titles (and the Title, HRID, ISSN and ISBN will be copied/saved in the referencing record)
- Given Instance X is linked to Instance Y as a succeeding title
- When Instance X's Title, HRID, ISBN or ISSN are updated
- Then the data displaying in Instance Y should also update
- Given a succeeding title has been selected from Inventory instances
- When the plus icon is clicked and a new instance is selected
- Then the Title, HRID, ISBN and ISSN data should update to that of the newly selected instance.