Purpose: Check on dependencies with other apps, before deletion of an instance record
As a cataloger I want to be able to delete any given instance record. Deletion is only possible, if there is no holdings records associated with the instance record
- Go to FOLIO snapshot as user diku_admin and go to Inventory
- Given any instance record
- When displayed in detailed view in 3rd pane
- Then click the action menu to the far right
- then a drop-down actions menu displays
- Following actions will be in scope of this story:
- Given the 'Confirm delete instance' modal
- When displayed and
- if no holdings records are associated with the instance record
- if no dependencies with other apps, e.g. CW: List below to be reviewed
- Agreements app
- Circulation log???
- Invoices ??
- Order app (PO Line)
- Request app
- then the cataloger gets following message
- "Instance HRID [*the given Instance HRID*] with resource title [*The given instance title*] has no holdings associated or other dependencies and will be deleted.
- And then the cataloger can decide to go 'Back' or 'Confirm' the deletion.
- Given click on the 'Back' button
- Then the delete action is terminated
- The cataloger gets back to the detailed view of the given instance record in 3rd pane
- Given a 'Confirm" button on the 'Confirm delete instance' modal
- When clicked
- Then the delete action is performed
- The instance record is being deleted
- Given the 'Confirm delete instance' model
- When displayed and there are one or more dependencies associated with the instance record, then the cataloger gets following message
- if one dependency:
- [*The given instance title*] has one dependent record associated. To be able to continue deletion of this instance record, then the given <given dependent app> record must be deleted"
- And the cataloger will not be able to perform the delete action, before the associated <given dependent app> record is deleted.
- if more than one dependent app
- [*The given instance title*] has [*number*] dependent records associated. To be able to continue deletion of this instance record, then all [*number*] associated records in <given dependent app, given dependent app .... etc.> must be deleted"
- And the cataloger can not perform the delete action, before all the associated <given dependent apps> record are deleted.
- The dependent given apps will be listed separated with [space], e.g. Orders, Request
- at the bottom of the modal, is a button 'Back' (color:orange)this is for Q4 2018, later we'll implement direct link to the associated holdings records.(color)
- When clicked
- Then the 'Confirm delete instance' modal will close and the deletion will be cancelled
- And the cataloger get back to detailed view of the given instance record.
- A comprehensive list of all future dependencies is to be defined, and check for these to be implemented when these dependencies exist.
- In a later phase, will be implemented for catalogers with special permission to perform deletion - also in cases with associated item records
- In a later phase a 'waste basket' will be implemented, for catalogers to regret the performed deletion, and pull the record back into the collection
- List of usecases gathered by the MM-SIG (10/18/2018) : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XkHDYCfY5Xl7rpcP_MIg5ZAkQrbBfpsQ4rtNTEWSrdE/edit#gid=0