Purpose: Nature of content is an element in the instance record in Inventory. This story describes how filter on Nature of content is to be part of the Instance segment (UIIN-759), and the display is to be using a search box with the possibility to browse in the long list of Nature of content. The implementation is to be similar to what has been described for several other new filters, e.g. Mode os issuance in the Instance record (
The Nature of content is defined in Settings > Inventory > Instances > Nature of content.
Usecase: As a cataloger, I want to search and filter my search on terms in the Nature of content list. These terms can be defined as folio terms or locally defined by the tenant - see
- Login to FOLIO Snapshot , and go to Inventory
- When the Instance segment is selected
- Then filter for Nature of content is listed in the order according to UIIN-759 (after: Mode of issuance, and before Classification type). The Nature of content filter is displayed collapsed by default
- Reference values for Nature of content is defined in Settings > Inventory > Instances > Nature of content
- When more than six terms
- Then the window shows the first six, with a scroll bar
- When selecting "textbook" in the drop down menu
- Then the search result is narrowed down to only return instance records, where the Nature of content is "textbook"
Out of scope: for this story will be
1) hit count of Nature of content for each term
2) When no record has the given Nature of content, then the term should not be visible in the list in the filter pane