Purpose: Format is an element in the instance record in Inventory.This story describes how filter on Format is to be part of the Instance segment (UIIN-759), and the display is to be using a search box with the possibility to browse in the long list of format terms organized by Format category. The implementation is to be similar to what has been described for several other new filters, e.g. Statistical codes in the Instance record (
The Format is defined in Settings > Inventory > Instances > Formats.
Usecase: As a cataloger, I want to search and filter on terms in the Format list. These terms can be from the RDA carrier list or be locally defined terms - see
- Login to FOLIO Snapshot , and go to Inventory
- When the Instance segment is selected
- Then filter for Format is listed in the order according to UIIN-759 (after: Resource type, and before Mode of issuance). The Format filter is displayed collapsed by default
- Reference values for Format is defined in Settings > Inventory > Instances > Formats
- When start enter search, with the cursor in the search box
- Then a drop down menu with the first six Formats are listed
- When selecting "audio - - other" in the drop down menu
- Then the search result is narrowed down to only return instance records, where the Format is "audio - - other"
Out of scope: for this story will be
1) hit count of Format for each term
2) When no record has the given Format category and term, the Format category and term should not be visible in the list in the filter pane