Purpose: The loan date - date and time stamp - is set in the item record in the accordion: Loan and availability. The filter for Loan date is to provide filter on a date range. The data on the item in the item record needs to be live and the filters need to be applied without creating a report. The implementation will be reusing the Date range component developed, and implemented in the Orders app, the segment for Order lines - Date created.
A common usecase will be for circulation staff to retrieve this information to solve a problem for a patron, who is right in front of us at the circulation desk or on the phone/chat.
The staff who have to resolve these problems, will not have the skills and/or permissions to run/write reports.
- Login to FOLIO Snapshot, go to Inventory
- When the Item segment is selected
- Then filter for Loan date is listed in the order according to UIIN-761 (after: Loan type, temporary, and before Item status date). The Loan date filter is displayed collapsed by default
- When following the general UX pattern
- Then the date format is shown as ghost text; e.g. YYYY-MM-DD
- When entering the start date of the date range
- Then the start date is entered in the "From" box
- When entering the end date of the date range
- Then the end date is entered in the "To" box
- When both dates have been entered
- Then click on the Apply button. The button has turned blue and the search is performed on the date range for the loan date which is a value in the item record in the accordion: Loan and availability. The search is performed from e.g. 2019-01-01 to 2019-01-31 both days included
- When clearing out the dates of the form
- Then click on the round icon with a white "x"
- Ensure automated testing coverage for this new code is 80% plus and confirm with screenshot
Out of scope:
Historic loan date data, e.g. In app reports like: