Purpose: Implement new element: 'Format category' in Inventory Instance record, the accordion Descriptive data. Format category are e.g. audio, computer, microform, microscopic, projected image, stereographic, unmediated, unspecified, and video.
The display of the new element 'Format category' are consistent displayed in the detailed view of the Instance record, and in edit mode of the Instance record. 'Format category' is a Repeatable, not required element.
- Login to FOLIO Snapshot, go to Inventory
- Go to any given Instance record, view the record in edit mode.
- When in create/edit mode of the Instance record, then drill down to the Descriptive data accordion and the heading Formats
- Then the new element are to be viewed on the same line as Format - and to be explicit: To the right of the element Format (with term and two letter code in parenthesis).
- See UX wireframe:
- The element 'Format category' is a Repeatable, not required element
- When entering data into the element,
- Then values are selected from the select list, with values from the reference table in Settings > Inventory (UIIN-636)
- When viewing the Instance detail record
- Then the new element 'Format category' is displayed in the accordion Descriptive data, to the left of the element Format .
- Inventory Beta - Metadata Elements (tab: Instance Metadata for Inventory) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RCZyXUA5rK47wZqfFPbiRM0xnw8WnMCcmlttT7B3VlI/edit?ts=5b715226#gid=952741439 - see: row #30, column: B (UIIN-638), and column I (Descriptive data)
- List of terms: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18mY09crQ5nxknGwJn9I3816_2KL2QVK1Dha7pdMkonk/edit#gid=135758797