Purpose: In Inventory we use the Format code element block; which consist of the Format category type and format terms (called Formats) with codes in parenthesis, both displayed as select lists in the Instance record in the accordion Descriptive data.
When creating ned Format values in the Settings page, then the string with Format values must be unique, but both the format terms and the format category can be used already, but the combination is to be unique. The two letter code will always be unique.
The Formats name is a list of terms defined in the Term and Code List for RDA Carrier Types: https://www.loc.gov/standards/valuelist/rdacarrier.html.
The current Format list is a flatten list, but here we'll associate the implemented terms with their given category into a hierarchical list. The Format category types are defined in UIIN-635, and the format terms in UIIN-636.
As a cataloger admin, I want to review and manage the list of Formats values.
- Login to FOLIO snapshot stable, and go to Settings
- When selecting Inventory > Instances > Formats
- Then the Formats setting page open (displayed in 3rd pane)
- When click on 'New' and entering an existing Format value,
- then it's possible to enter a Format value, which has already been used
- if the two letter format code is unique AND
- the associated format category type to this format value is a unique combination
- When entering a format value with an exiting combination (whether it's code and/or Format category)
- Then the general warning message is shown, the type of message which is generated by the Settings component