- I created following titles (for test purpose): Inventory instance record in FOLIO Snapshot to have resource title: Arctic A to Z (2019), and resource title: (accidental atheist)
Steps to reproduce:
Login to FOLIO Snapshot go to Inventory:
- search for: Arctic A to Z (2019) in search term: All (title, contributor, identifier)
- search for: Arctic A to Z (2019) in search term: Title
- search for: (accidental atheist) in search term: All (title, contributor, identifier)
- search for: (accidental atheist) in search term: Title
Each of the performed search would bring up 1 hit
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Since FOLIO requires that I enter an exact match, but the exact value in this case produces an error, I see no way of actually finding this instance by ISBN.
Having parenthesis in ISBN fields is not at all uncommon. The same goes for subject headings.
CW: Lisa Sjögren (EBSCO) - when you search on ISBN numbers you'd like to have an exact match on the digits in the ISBN, and then the possibility to truncate. When you perform following search: 978-0-226-23584-4* in the Identifier/ISBN field, you get 1 hit: