Overview: Search by Contributor on partial name doesn't return results (bug verified in Bugfest, EBSCO environment, Q4 2018)
Steps to reproduce:
- Login to FOLIO Snapshot (http://folio-snapshot.aws.indexdata.com) and go to Inventory
- Select "Contributor" in the "Search" control (to prevent any title matches).
- Put the full name "Harmon, Daniel E." into the search box and press enter (or click search):
- The record "Al Gore and global warming" with contributor "Harmon, Daniel E." is found correctly.
- Now enter the partial name in the basic search box in first pane: "Daniel E." and press enter (or click search):
Get all records (including the one found in step 4.) where the contributor has the first name: "Daniel E."
No results - at least that's what was reported in the bugfest environment of January, and later in the Snapshot environment (see old description below)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - old description - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Inventory --> Select Contributor in the "Search" control.
Search on the known contributor first name doesn't return results.
Searching on "George O." instead of "Head, George O."