Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 1.8.0
Sprint:Core: F - Sprint 60, Core: F - Sprint 61, Core: F - Sprint 62
Purpose: Implementing the paneheader action menu component, and work on deletion of a holdings record
As a cataloger I want to be able to delete any given holdings record. Deletion is only possible, if there is no items records associated with the holdings record.
- Go to FOLIO snapshot stable http://folio-snapshot-stable.aws.indexdata.com/ and click on Inventory
- Given any instance record with associated holdings records
- When viewing the holdings record which is to be deleted
- Then an arrow down next to the Pane header title is shown - see wireframe
- when clicking on the arrow
- then a drop-down actions menu should display as shown in wireframe
- the action menu items are listed in alphabetic order
- Following actions will be in scope of this story:
- Given the 'Confirm delete holdings' modal
- When displayed and
- if no items records are associated with the holdings record
- if no dependencies with other apps, here, e.g. Order app, then cataloger gets following message
- "Holdings HRID [*the given Holdings HRID*] with location [*the given location*] has no items associated or other dependencies and will be deleted.
- And then the cataloger can decide to go 'Cancel' or 'Delete'.
- Given a click on the 'Cancel' button
- Then the action is terminated
- The cataloger gets back to the detailed view of the given holdings record
- Given a 'Delete" button on the 'Confirm delete holdings' modal
- When clicked
- Then the delete action is performed
- The holdings record is being deleted
- Scenario - Story moved to separate jira:
- Given the 'Confirm delete holdings' model
- When displayed and there are one or more item records associated with the holdings record, then the cataloger gets following message
- if one item record
- "[*the given Holdings HRID] with location [*the given location*] has one item record associated. To be able to continue deletion of this holdings record, then the associated item record must be deleted"
- And the cataloger will not be able to perform the the delete action, before the associated item record is deleted.
- if more than one item record
- "[*the given Holdings HRID] with location [*the given location*] has [*number*] item records associated. To be able to continue deletion of this holdings record, then all associated item records must be deleted"
- And the cataloger will not be able to perform the the delete action, before the associated item records are deleted.
- at the bottom of the modal is a button 'Cancel'
- Given a "Cancel" button on the delete record modal
- When clicked
- Then the Delete record modal will close and the deletion will be cancelled
- And the cataloger get back to detailed view of the holdings record
- Other actions, as Edit of the holdings record, and Duplicate of the holdings record are not in scope of this story - see:
- Following dependencies is to be examined for Q2 2019:
- Check out app
- Request app
- Order app
- A comprehensive list of all future dependencies is to be defined, and check for these to be implemented when these dependencies exist.
- In a later phase, will be implemented for catalogers with special permission to perform deletion - also in cases with associated item records
- In a later phase a 'waste basket' will be implemented, for catalogers to regret the performed deletion, and pull the record back into the collection
The action menu will be updated according to UX consistency fixes - see